The Renee Scofield Odango Creation Guide
(c) The SOS Group
(Ditchdigger)/Renee Scofield. Photos and content herein are reprinted with
Many SM fans here have been trying
to find the SOS section that shows you how to make your own Meatball hairstyle
like Sailor Moon herself. Well, here it is, along with the most famous fan
of all time, Renee Scofield.
1) Part your hair down the middle of your head.
2) Using two of the hair ties, pull each side of hair up into pigtails (You should now temporarily look similar to Baby Spice. AAAAAAAHHH!!!!! It's
Sailormoon NOT Baby Spice! SAILORMOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!).
3) For right side of head, twist pigtail around in counterclockwise direction
about two to three times (for left side, twist clockwise); whichever pigtail you choose to do first, you should be twisting each one inward towards the center of
4) With one hand, place thumb and index finger underneath twisted pigtail.
5) With your other hand, pull pigtail up, behind and around over the hair tie (if that just totally confused you....... then look at the picture. I have no idea
how else to word that).
6) Using thumb and index finger, grab hold of twisted pigtail.
7) Pull hair through into a knot.
8) With one hand, tighten knot while other hand guides hair around, creating the rounded
9) Place a hairtie behind each odango, keeping the knot from coming out (you'd be
amazed at how many people don't realize that there's a hairtie back there. They actually think that those knots stay in by themselves !).
10) Repeat process with the other pigtail, twisting in opposite direction from
the first. This way both meatballs are symmetrical.
Back to Main Page